Promote Your URL
As a web designer it is pretty disheartening when you make a web site, submit it to search engines, create directory pages for it, post about it on social networking, request links to it from other relevant web sites … and then this happens:
- The web site owner runs a TV or radio ad …and excludes the web address
- The web site owner takes out a number of classified newspaper or magazine ads… and excludes the web address
- The web site owner has a panel van, large 4WD or location sign …and neglects to put their web address on it somewhere
Sounds like common sense? One would think. If I only had a dollar for every lost opportunity. My point is: don’t neglect an opportunity to market your web site in the real or offline world.
Here are some extra marketing ideas
- Premium items or “plush” – have you considered using give-aways such as caps, pens, business cards and letterhead to display your web address?
- Email marketing – have you got a collection of business cards? If so, you have permission to email those people. Create a Mailchimp.com list and email offers and updates monthly.
- QR codes – create a a QR code, print it on stickers and add these to any packaging or containers.
There are plenty of offline opportunities to market your web address. Try as much as possible to integrate your online and offline marketing.